Philippa Faulkener was born in 1917 in Belleville Ontario. She graduated from Bishop Strachan School, in Toronto, and the Parsons School of Design, in New York City.
She lived with her husband, Dr. George Vermilyea Faulkner in the Glanmore House in Belleville Ontario having a personal studio in their home. She created paintings and sculptures, many of her paintings have been reproduced as prints for popular sale. She worked in oil and watercolours, her subject matter often landscapes, city scapes, and abstraction.
In 1955 after the death of her husband Faulkener went to Mexico, with her children, where she received a scholarship to attend the Instituto Allende in San Miguel, where she obtained a Master of Fine Arts degree. She received several outstanding awards for her work, including first prize in the 1968 exhibition of the Foreign Friends of Acapulco.
She is a member on The Royal Canadian Academy of Arts, Ontario Society of Artists, and The Society of Canadian Artists.
She died in 2001.